A pdf version of this information can also be downloaded here.
Before your appointment
- Please arrive on time for your appointment – do let us know as soon as possible if you are likely to be substantially delayed.
- Parking is available on our road (Warwick Street) for 2 hours at a time, 800am-630pm, after which it reverts to resident’s only parking. After 630pm, there are marked parking bays on Chester Street and Daubeny Road which have unlimited parking until the following morning.
- Please be patient if we run a little late – occasionally we may need to give you or another patient a few minutes longer than the allocated time.
- Please note that children under 16 years old are required by law to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who is legally able to give consent for examination and treatment, on behalf of the child.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please ensure that you give us at least 24 hours’ notice either by phone or email, otherwise you may be charged for the appointment.
During your appointment
- If you have come to Helix House to receive treatment from an Osteopath, Acupuncturist or Masseur, you may be asked to undress down to your underwear to receive treatment. Gowns are available on request, and you are welcome to bring a friend or relative with you into the treatment room.
- Your comfort is important to us – please do not hesitate to ask your practitioner to stop the treatment and explain anything he/she says or does, at any time during your appointment.
- Each practitioner has their own method of assessment and they will explain this to you at your first appointment. Where possible, we will endeavour to advise you of the number of sessions you may require and over what period of time.
- Practitioners will behave in accordance with the code of conduct of their regulatory professional body.
After your appointment
- Please be aware that it can be normal for you to feel some discomfort during the first 24 hours after treatment, as your body adjusts. However, if you are concerned, please contact us and we can arrange for you to speak with your practitioner.
- Appointment fees are normally paid immediately after each appointment. We accept debit/credit card, cash or cheque.
- If you have medical insurance, you will still need to pay the appointment fee immediately after each appointment, however, Helix House will provide a printed, itemised receipt on request, so that you can be reimbursed by your insurer. Please check with your insurer first to ensure that your policy will cover you.
- Where nutritional supplements, herbal/homeopathic remedies or other treatment aids have been prescribed, these will be itemised separately from the appointment fee on your invoice.
- You are extremely important to us! In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with your experience at Helix House, please feel free to get in touch at any time, in order to discuss your concerns. We welcome all feedback, and will strive to ensure a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned.